Scripture Reference: Mark 14:1-11
Sermon in a Sentence
Jesus endured rejection, betrayal, and ultimately death to save us from our sins, and is, therefore, worthy of our extravagant love, devotion, and worship.
- The dark backdrop: scheming, betrayal, and death (vv.1-2, 10-11)
- The shining example: love, devotion, and worship (vv.3-9)
- Two enduring testimonies:
- She was faithful; he was a traitor.
- She gave what she could; he took what he could get.
- She served Jesus as her Savior; he sold Jesus like He was his slave.
- She is memorialized forever for her devotion; he is memorialized forever for his betrayal