SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: John 13:1-17
SERMON IN A SENTENCE
Because the Lord Jesus loved us to the end by serving us through His self-sacrifice, our only hope is to receive His love and live a life of selfless service and purposeful sacrifice for the sake of the gospel.
- What did Jesus know?
- He knew His hour had come.
- He knew His departure was near.
- He knew He had been given divine authority.
- He knew He had a divine origin.
- He knew He would receive future glory.
- He knew Judas would betray Him.
- What did Jesus do?
- He loved them utterly.
- He washed their feet.
- He gave them a parable.
- He gave them an example.