Scripture Reference: 2 John 1:1-6
Sermon in a Sentence
As believers who have received the fullness of God’s salvation through Christ, we must live obedient lives that are characterized by simultaneously walking in truth and in love.
- The assurance of God’s salvation made available through Jesus Christ, His Son, is good news on three fronts:
- It is grace – the free gift of God’s love and favor, which we do not deserve.
- It is mercy – the withholding of God’s wrath and punishment, which we do deserve.
- It is peace – the restoration of harmony with God.
- God’s salvation demands that we walk obediently according to truth and love.